About the Job
Do you have Frontend Developer experience?
Do you have the drive and desire to grow your career?
Are you looking to work somewhere you are part of a team, who take pride in working together?
Does working within a team who is relaxed yet focused, and constantly challenge themselves, with a genuine love for what they’re creating appeal?
Who are we?
WOLF is a fast-growing community-orientated platform that enables communities in our core MENA market to create entertaining audio content and programmes – so users can participate, enjoy and build friendships. WOLF is a space for freedom and creativity in your online life—whether that’s participating in live shows, chatting, or discovering talent – all wrapped up in a fun community.
Having recently begun a technology transformation for its WOLF Qanawat web app, we’re looking for an experienced frontend web developer, with working knowledge of React and Typescript, to join our web chapter and help accelerate development.
This role is well suited to someone who can collaborate effectively across teams and support fellow developers. The position requires partial attendance weekly in our Cramlington office, a minimum of 2 days per week.
Your key responsibilities:
We organise our teams using a “chapters & squads” model, with the role involving periods of work for each:
- • On a squad, take responsibility for the web app from amongst our three primary app platforms, as you collaborate with colleagues from across the business to deliver high-profile features conceived by our product and design teams.
- • For the chapter, undertake technical improvements for the web app and its CI/CD pipeline; port legacy interface components to our new front-end stack; and carry out research and proof-of-concept work for future initiatives.
Plus working at WOLF provides the opportunity to:
- • Use personal development time and allowance to fulfil individual objectives, whether attending conferences, acquiring certification, or contributing to other business areas, in order to broaden your overall skillset or develop focused technical expertise.
- • Contribute to new projects WOLF is continually exploring, as part of enhancing WOLF Qanawat and exploring future ventures.
What we are looking for:
Ideal candidates for this role would have:
- • Experience working on front-end web apps, including at least one modern web framework. React is ideal, but a demonstrable ability to pick up new technologies at pace is equally sufficient.
- • Experience working with TypeScript.
- • An eye for good user experience, supporting the design of creative, responsive web interfaces.
As part of the engineering team, you should have:
- • A balanced approach to development, aiming to deliver high-quality solutions pragmatically and incrementally.
- • Confidence in taking ownership of work, from planning through to delivery, and managing your priorities.
- • A collaborative mindset, with a willingness to share best practices and support colleagues.
Further, working at WOLF requires:
- • Working effectively as part of a remote, multi-site team, with offices in the UK and Jordan, and more colleagues based around the globe.
- • Engaging with colleagues from across the business, in order to understand company-level objectives and help turn them into concrete, successful deliverables.
WOLF is the unique Audio Entertainment Communities platform that enables people to create entertaining audio content and programmes – so users can participate, enjoy and build friendships.
We bring together a lively and interactive community of producers, show hosts, radio presenters, singers, poets, comedians, musicians, DJs, and fans. We have stunning stages across thousands of different groups hosting live and interactive audio shows and festival events, as well as after-show gatherings and socialising. Entertainment is how we stand out, built on a foundation of friendship, community, and supporting emerging talent.
WOLF is a place where everyone can be their true self.
At WOLF, everyone is appreciated equally for being themselves. It’s even built into our Brand Values! We’re creating a work environment that is truly representative of our diverse society, where every colleague feels respected and is able to give their best when at work. And when we have happy employees, we can then deliver the best experience to our users.
- • Working alongside a brilliant team – with a culture of excellence and innovation.
- • 33 days holiday – with increases for long term service.
- • Flexible/hybrid working – minimum 2 days in the office (if office based).
- • Early finish Fridays.
- • Flexibility over Christmas and New Year.
- • Perkbox Subscription – over 1,000 perks and discounts.
- • Contributory Pension Scheme.
- • Octopus EV Scheme – tax-efficient electric car leasing via salary sacrifice.
- • Cycle to Work Scheme.
WOLF is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination where it may exist. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and for each colleague to feel respected and able to give their best when at work.