Are you a Senior Backend Developer who likes the sound of working with a start-up on a digital entertainment app that is at the forefront of the “new normal” way of socialising? Do you want to work somewhere where you’re part of a team that genuinely takes pride in what they’re creating, who is straightforward, constantly challenge themselves, and are always learning?
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will join and work with a team of like-minded developers to build new features into and improve our existing systems. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, languages, and design patterns.
There are a varied number of different areas to work on, including but not limited to, feature development, production issue debugging/optimisation, cloud infrastructure design, and legacy code uplifts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge and experience with one or more of Node.js / Java / C#/.NET (or another similar language)
- Experience creating & designing RESTful/real-time API services
- Experience utilising database and caching applications
- Capable of working autonomously
Technology Stack Overview
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ)
- SQL/NoSQL (MySQL, DynamoDB)
- AWS Cloud Native (Elastic Container Service, Docker)
- CI/CD (AWS Code Pipeline)
WOLF’s mission is to bring the magic of real-world festivals to the online world – uniting people across the globe in discovery, entertainment, and belonging.
We bring together a lively and interactive community of producers, show hosts, radio presenters, singers, poets, comedians, musicians, DJs, and fans. We have stunning stages across thousands of different groups hosting live and interactive audio shows and festival events, as well as after-show gatherings and socialising. Entertainment is how we stand out, built on a foundation of friendship, community, and supporting emerging talent.
Festivals are a place where everyone can be their true self and it’s no different here at the World’s Online Festival. At WOLF, everyone is appreciated equally for being themselves. It’s even built into our Brand Values! We’re creating a work environment that is truly representative of our diverse society, where every colleague feels respected and is able to give their best when at work. And when we have happy employees, we can then deliver the best experience to our users.
- 25 days annual leave, plus additional time off between Xmas and New Year
- Additional days leave (up to a maximum 5 days) for every year worked after 2 years completed service
- Competitive Pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Early Finish Friday